Design Blog PHP HELP
How to install Design Blog PHP?
Set up MySQL database
Design Blog PHP require PHP 5.2 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Design Blog PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 3.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Design Blog PHP script?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will enter admin area -> Posts(list of posts will be empty after initial installation):
First, go to 'Put on Webpage' page and copy one of two codes. Then go to your page(file) and paste the code between <body>code</body> tags. Second code(with php include) is more SEO(searching engines) friendly, as you could see there is a code for the meta title and meta description. If you copy and paste the meta tags code into <head> section of the html code on your webpage, it will automatically generate meta title and description for searching engines from the title and text area of the blog posts:
Next, create a few sample blog posts to see how they will appear on your blog page. Click on 'News' button in admin area and then click on 'New Post' button. If you create categories (from menu 'Categories'->'Create Category'), you will be able to applythe post to particular category. Then insert Title, browse for Thumbnail for the grid of posts, type your post message, choose how much characters will be shown from the post underneath the thumbnail, then allow or disallow comments. Hit button 'Save'. In the same way you may create more posts and see how they will appear on your live website:
Then, go to the 'Options' menu on admin area, and click 'Visual options' where you can pre-define the css style of the blog front-end. From here you can completely change the way your blog posts appear on the page. Note that you should click on the captions to open each particular style:
You can do it in the same way as above for 'Visual Options Comments'.
In 'Options'->'Admin Options' you can:
- set the number of posts in the grid per page.
- show/hide categories horizontal menu above the posts.
- "Show post on the date published" - if you choose "yes", the blog post will be hidden until the datetime of date publishing occur. This date is editable in admin area -> Add/Edit post.
- Default number of characters that will appear on the homepage - this is the number that will be by default when Add posts. Approximately 80-120 is recommended.
- Show share buttons underneath each post - you can choose whether to show share buttons and which side - left or right.
- It is recommended to fill 'URL of the page where you placed the blog on your website' field - this is the page where you pasted the code from 'Put on WebPage'.
- Set Default Time Zone - if your webserver is on different time zone than your location, you may set your Default Time Zone:
In 'Options'->'Comments options' you can:
- set the Administrator email - this email account will receive notifications when new comment is posted. It is recommended to use email account from your hosting(for example firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 'Approval' - for comments - If this option is checked admin will always approve cooments before they are listed underneath the post text.
- 'Turn off comments by default when create a new post' - if you choose "yes", the comments checkbox will be unchecked by default when admin create post.
- 'Comments order' - reorder comments - new on the top or new at the bottom.
- 'Type of the Captcha Verification Code' - here you may choose between four captcha images and there is an option without captcha image on the comments form.
- 'Make email field mandatory' - if you prefer you can make email field mandatory or not.
- 'Create a list with banned IP addresses' and 'Create a list with banned words' - to protect your posts from unwanted or spam comments you may add some standard unwanted words like "pills, viagra, cialis" etc.... Also once a new comment is posted you(as an admin) will be able to see the IP address and if it is spam you will be able to ban it. In the field 'Create a list with banned IP addresses' you will see all the banned IP addresses:
In 'Language options' you can translate all the words and sentences in your language. Also you may translate months and days of the week for the news dates. If you decide to use meta tags(copy and paste php include code for meta tags form "Put on WebPage") for the news, you should set the default meta tags here. Once the visitor click on any article, these meta title and description will be replaced with meta title and descrioption automatically generated from the article:
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section