Help for Web Developer to create the best website!
How to install and use Simple CMS PHP script
You can watch our video tutorial or read the tutorial below the video:
How to install Simple CMS PHP script?
Set up MySQL database
Simple CMS PHP requires PHP 5.0 or higher version and MySQL 4.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and password. You will also need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Simple CMS PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
MySQL server name - usualy 'localhost'
MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator area
Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator area
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 4.0 and most of the commercial hosts are working with 5.2 or higher, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Simple CMS PHP?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
When you login, you will see the landing administration page. Here will be listed all the created page contents, and here is the place where the admin will be able to edit and delete them:
Create Page Content. To create page content, click on "Create Page Content" button and fill the "Page Name" and "Page Content" and hit "Create Page" button. You could use the WYSIWYG(text) editor to format the text, upload and add images and flash videos, add youtube, vimeo and other videos:
Put content on webpage. Once the page content is created, then a link named "Put on WebPage" will be shown on the same lane of the page content. Click on this link and will see two codes - iframe and php include:
Copy one of the codes and paste it into your webpage. We recomend to use php include code.
CSS - Visual Options. On the same line of the page content in the list you will see a link named "Change CSS". Click on it if you want to change fonts, colors, sizes etc... css styles of the page content:
Users. Admin is able to create users with different access level:
Create User. Here is how to create user:
Fill the Name, email, username and password, then choose the access level - "create", "edit", "delete" page contents, allowing edit css styles of page contents, and/or allow to see and copy the code for page contents.
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section.
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org