Classified Ads Script PHP
Instructions and Help
How to install the Classified Ads Script PHP?
Set up MySQL database
Classified Ads Script PHP requires PHP 5.3 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Classified Ads Script PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name - usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 4.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Classified Ads Script PHP?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will enter admin area -> Classified Ads Entry List(it will be empty after the initial install).
Here you can see the Classified Ad entries ordered by date published.
You have the option to order them by Product/Service title, Date/Activity, Status, Category, User(publisher) and views(total hits) number. Also you can preview, edit and delete entries.
Classified Ads front-end. This is how the front-end look by default. You could change front-end visual style and language in the script options.
To submit ads visitor should click on the link "Login and Submit Ads":
Submit Classified Ads. If the visitor(user) is not registered should click on "Register" link, then register him self and login User area and manage his own ads:
User Area - Ads management. Once the visitor(user) is logged in, will see his own classified ads list(it will be empty after the initial registration):
Admin area - Categories. Here you can see classified ads categories in admin area, ordered by name of the category, and you have option descending and ascending order.
You can create as many categories as you need from the submenu. Also, edit and delete categories from the list:
Main Options.You should set Administrator email, where all new Classified Ads/comments notifications will be sent.
You can set the number of Classified Ads per page.
'Number of characters in the short description on Classified Ads listing' - is the number of characters that the visitor can see on the list of ads in the front-end.
'Approval' - you can choose whether to approve Classified Ads before having them posted or automatically to be published.
'Number of days to expire' and 'Action after Classified Ads expire' - you can choose the number of days to expire and what action will be after expiration of the classified ad.
'Action after Classified Ads expire' - select the action after Classified Ads expire - delete or move to expired section. User will be able to renew the ad.
'Email after expire' - you can check this option if you want publisher to receive an email notice for Classified Ad expiration.
'Currency' - you can choose the default currency of the Classified Ads.
'Default category' - You can choose the default category that will be shown when the front-end classified ads are loaded.
'Show "ALL Ads"' in category dropdown menu - jusr show ir hide "ALL Ads" in the front-end category drop-down menu.
'Maximum number of characters in "Description" when submit listing' - is the allowed number of characters that the visitor can write in the description of the Classified Ad.
'Image size' - This is the width of the uploaded image when the Classified Ad is open to read.
'Type of the Captcha Verification Code' - choose between four captcha images or no captcha for the registration page and sending request popup page. And if you shoose reCaptcha code, you are able to choose between four themes.
'"Login & Submit Ads" link open mode' - when visitor(user) click on the front-end link "Login & Submit Ads" it could be open in the same window or in a new tab of the browser.
Visual Options. Here you can set unlimited combinations of visual style for the classifieds front-end and make it to look like a part of your webpage.
Language Options. As you may see in the image below, you may translate all the words in the script front-end in your own language. Also there are 2 files in the script package named "language_admin.php" and "language_user.php" where you can translate the admin area and the user area in your language.
Put on Webpage. You can choose one of two ways to put the classified ads on your website.
Copy the code go to your page and paste between <body>code</body> tags.
If you choose the second install option(php include) you could also put the meta tags - just copy the meta tags code and paste it into the head section of the webpage html code.
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com