How to install and use Contact Form PHP
How to install Contact Form PHP?
Set up MySQL database
Contact Form PHP requires PHP 5.3 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Contact Form PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 3.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Contact Form PHP script?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you should enter admin area -> Admin options:
Here you should set the admin email. All the emails messages from the contact form will be received on the admin email. Note that you may set more than one admin email, just type emails separated by comma like: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Then you could click on Form Options and choose the form fields, which of them should be mandatory, the maximum number of characters for the request text field. Also, you could enter some unwanted words in the "list with banned words" text field:
When click on Visual options you will be able to change the fonts, colors, background-colors, font-sizes, widths and some other visual elements on the form:
When click on Language options you will be able to change the wordings in the form, popup messages, system messages, email subject when admin receive the request, and also one of the most importand things - you could change the confirmation question and answer:
Now you may click on "Contact Form Preview" submenu button to preview the contact form.
Now click on "Put on WebPage" button and choose either - iframe or php include method to place the form on your contact page on your website. Once you copy one of the codes you should paste it into your contact page on your website and the form will appear:
All the received requests are saved into the database, so when click on button "Requests" will be able to preview or delete any received request. Also, you will be able to copy the request details into "Address Book":
Address Book. Here you will be able to add/edit/delete and preview your contacts:
When add/edit an address you are able to add Name, Email, Phone, Location, Website and Notes. Of course on demand we may add more details:
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section