Memorial Inscriptions PHP script HELP
How to install Memorial Inscriptions PHP script?
Set up MySQL database
Memorial Inscriptions PHP script requires PHP 5.2 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Memorial Inscriptions PHP script
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 3.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Memorial Inscriptions PHP script?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will enter admin area -> Memorial Inscriptions(list of Memorial Inscriptions will be empty after inicial installation):
Here you should click on "Create Memorial Inscription" button and the page for creating new Memorial Inscription will appear on your screen:
Fill the name of deceased, add date of birth(if you know it), date of death, Burial date and location(if you know it), then add the content of memorial inscription, browse for appropriate photo and click "Save" button.
If a new In Memoriam message leaved and you want to preview it and approve it, you should click on Leaved Memories menu in admin area:
Here you may click on edit button to preview the Leaved Memory message and approve it, or directy approve it from the list. Also, admin is able to delete the Leaved Memory messages in bulk by selecting ckeckboxes and click DELETE button at the bottom.
OPTIONS. Click on admin area -> Options and will see Admin options:
Here you may change the number of Memorial Inscriptions per page, show/hide search box and set the correct server time in case your time is different than the server time. It is important to fill the URL of the page where you placed the Memorial Inscriptions, so when someone subscribe for RSS feed to lead to correct page on your website.
Click on admin area -> Options -> Visual options and will see how to customize the look and feel of the Memorial Inscriptions front-end:
Here you may change color theme(GREEN< GRAY, BLACK and WHITE-useful on dark backgrounds), fonts, sizes, widths, and other visual settings of all the front-end elements.
Click on admin area -> Options -> Language options and will see how to change the wordings on the front-end:
You may change any word in your own language. Note that Memorial Inscriptions PHP script is working in UTF-8 charset.
Click on admin area -> Put on WebPage and will see two codes to place the Memorial Inscriptions on your webpage. Copy one of them, open the page where you intend to show the Memorial Inscriptions and paste the code there:
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section