NewsLetter Script PHP
Help and Instructions
How to install the NewsLetter Script PHP?
Set up MySQL database
NewsLetter Script PHP requires PHP 5.2 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and password. You will also need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install NewsLetter Script PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file:
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name - usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator area
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator area
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 4.0 and most of the commercial hosts are working with 5.2 or higher, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use NewsLetter Script PHP?
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will see the landing page of the admin area with the news list (it will be empty after the initial install).
Click on "Create NewsLetter" button and you will see the next page:
Choose the Status of the newsletter(Published/Hidden). Choose category(previously created in Category menu), then fill the Title, Short Description(it will appear underneath the title in the news grid), Content, Image, and Image caption, choose the location of the image in the article and image width and hit "Create NewsLetter" button. Now we have one article(newsletter) created. You could create as many news as you want and place them on your webpage(see "Put on WebPage" below).
Put on WebPage.Put the news list, newsletter subscription form and popup subscription form on your web page(s). Go to admin area -> Put on WebPage and you will see the two codes for your webpage. First code is for the newsletter subscription form. The second code is for popup subscription form. The third code is for news:
Note that you could use two methods to put the subscription form and the news on your webpage 1) IFRAME; 2) PHP INCLUDE. If your pages are .html or .htm you should use the iframe method. If your pages have .php extension you should use php include to put the codes on your webpage. Of course you could use iframe in .php page as well, but you could not use php include method to place the news or the subscription form on .html or .htm pages, because the php code could not be read from .html or .htm pages. You could open your .html page and save as .php(just change the suffix), then use the php include code. If you use php include you may add meta tags php include code for the news into the head section of your webpage. In this way articles will automatically generate their meta title and meta description and will help SEO optimization for the news page. The popup subscription form could be only php included into a .php page of your website.
Below on the pictures you may see how the subscription form could look like when you place them on your webpage. In horizontal:
Scroll below to NewsLetter options
- how to change from Horizontal to Vertical subscription form.
Let say we have several newsletter subscribers from the subscription form you already placed on one of your webpages. The "Subscribers" in admin area will look similar to this below:
You will see "Edit"
button where you could change the status to "active/inactive", correct the email address of the subsciber and change the date of subsciption. Also there is a "DELETE"
button where you could delete the subscriber from the list.
Let say we have created several NewsLetters. The landing page of the administrator will look similar to this below:
You will see "Preview"
button for the newsletter preview, "Edit"
button where you could make changes on the newsletter, and "DELETE"
button for the news deletion.
The front-end of the news grid will look similar to this below:
Note that you could place the code for the news between your header and footer and the news grid will take your webpage layout and will fit your design with your header, footer, fonts, colors etc..., but you will read more about the visibility and visual options
at the bottom of this page.
Now if we want to send a newsletter, we should click on "Send NewsLetter" link in green color. The page for sending the particular newsletter will be opened and will look similar to this:
Select the emails you want to send the newsletter. Use "Ctrl" key on your keyboard to select more than one email. Choose "All Subscribed Emails" if you want to send the newsletter to all the subscribed emails. Click on the button "Send NewsLetter".
You should fill the administrator email. All the newsletters will be send from this email address.
Also choose the captcha image for the newsletters subscription form.
There is an option to choose without captcha image.
Also you could choose the newsletter subsciber to receive the unsubscribe link in the newsletter underneath the text of the news letter.
If you need the name of subscribers, you should set "Collect Name in subscription form" option to "Yes".
When option "Send a verification e-mail to the subscriber for activation of subscription" is set to "yes", the subscriber will receive an email with verification link after submitting the subscription form. If the visitor do not open his email or do not click on that verification link, his subscription will stay inactive and will not receive newsletters.
"Send notice to admin email when new subscription is submitted" - if this option is set to "yes", administrator will receive a message for each new subscription on his email address.
One importand option is "How the subscription for will be arranged" - you could choose the type of the subscription alignment - Horizontal or Vertical.
These options concern the news that you placed on your webpage. Here you could set the number of news per page.
You could choose how to list the news - only titles, titles and summaries, full news in the list.
Also there is an option to show/hide the search box above the news.
It is a good practice to fill the URL of the page where you placed the news on your website. This URL will be aplied to the RSS feed, so when someone subscribe your rss, the links on the titles of the articles will be linked with your news page.
"Show the news on the date published" - on this option if you choose "yes", the news will be hidden until the datetime of publishing.
"Set Default Time Zone" - if the server of your website is located in different time zone, you may correct it here. For example if your visitors are European, but the server is in USA, then you may choose your European time zone and time will be corrected.
Visual Options NewsLetters
Here you could change the visual style(CSS) of the newsletter subscription form, important settings for popup subscription form and the newsletter title and content in the email with the newsletter. Click on the headings and options will be opened by scrolling down.
Visual Options News
Here you could change the visual style(CSS) of the news that you placed on your webpage. Click on the headings and options will be opened by scrolling down.
Here you could translate all the words and sentences of the script front-end in the language you want. Click on the headings and options will be opened by scrolling down.
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com