Photo Gallery PHP requires PHP 5.2 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Photo Gallery PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file: http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/SCRIPTFOLDER/installation.php
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 3.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Photo Gallery PHP script?
You can watch our video tutorial or read the tutorial below the video:
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will enter admin area -> Photos(list of photos will be empty after inicial installation):
Here you should click on "Upload Photo" button and the page for adding new photo to the gallery will appear on your screen:
Browse for the photo you want to add to the gallery, add caption to the photo for your memories if you wish. Then cilck on "Upload" button.
If you want to separate photos in different albums, you should click on ALBUMS menu in admin area -> Create Album:
Enter album name and hit "Save" button. You can create as many albums as you need. List of albums looks like:
OPTIONS. Click on admin area -> Options and will see Main options:
Here you may set the maximum width of the uploaded photos, the type of "go through" the photos - using LoadMore button or Pagination. And also you may choose how many photo thumbnails to be shown at a time.
Click on admin area -> Options -> Visual options and will see how to customize the look and feel of the gallery:
Here you may change colors, fonts, sizes, widths, and other visual settings of all the front-end elements.
Click on admin area -> Options -> Language options and will see how to change the wordings on the front-end:
You may change any word in your own language. Note that photo gallery is working in UTF-8 charset.
Click on admin area -> Put on WebPage and will see two codes to place the gallery on your webpage. Copy one of them, open the page where you intend to show the gallery and paste the code:
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section.