Slideshow Script PHP requires PHP 5.2 or higher version and MySQL 5.0 or higher version to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation wizard of the script you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the Control Panel(CPanel, Plesk or any other) of your hosting account.
- Find the Databases section, where you will create a MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating a database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support. Also, you may send us an email request and we will create database and install the script on your website.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Slideshow Script PHP
- Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
- Next, upload all files to your website. You can either upload the complete folder (for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER") or you can upload all the files individually to a folder you created in the root directory of your website.
- Next step is to run the installation file: http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/SCRIPTFOLDER/installation.php
* note that, you should replace "YOURDOMAIN" with your real domain name and "SCRIPTFOLDER" with the folder you created into the root of your website.
- On your screen will appear the Installation wizard and will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
* note, that sometimes the servers does not send correct information about the version of MySQL and a message "Server version of MySQL is not ok!" might appear. The minimum requirements of MySQL for all of our scripts is version 3.0, so if you already created a MySQL database - go ahead and install the script.
- Click on 'Install Script' button and if all the database details are correct, you will see intermediate screen with message "Script successfully installed" and a link to the admin login form "Login here":
- Once you click on the link 'Login here', you will be redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use Slideshow Script PHP script?
You can watch our video tutorial or read the tutorial below the video:
Enter Admin username and password that you set earlier:
Once the login is successful, you will enter admin area -> Photo Slides(list of photos will be empty after inicial installation):
Here you should click on "Upload Photo Slide" button and the page for adding new photo slide to the slideshow will appear on your screen:
Browse the photo you want to add to the slideshow, add caption, and if you want the slide to be clickable - just paste the URL in "Photo Slice link". Then choose whether to open in new window(_blank) or same page(_self) and cilck on "Upload" button.
If you want to have more slideshows you should click on SLIDESHOWS menu in admin area -> Create Slideshow:
Enter album name and hit "Save" button. You can create as many slideshows as you need. List of albums looks like:
MANAGE OPTIONS. On the main menu "Slideshows" in admin area and click on "Manage Options" link on the slideshow we wish to manage:
Here you may set the slideshow to be automate or manual. If automated change slide on every "X" seconds. Show dots/bullets underneath the photo slides. Set maximum width and/or height of the slideshow, if any photo is higher than the slideshow max-heigh - the image could be cropped or resized. And also you may stylize the captions of the slider, choose whether to place the caption at the top, bottom, left, right or center. There is another option to set the background of the caption to be transparent or solidity colored.
Put this slideshow on webpage On the same place "Slideshows" - click on "Copy the code" and copy one of the generated codes from the page:
Then open the page where you intend to place the slideshow with some text editor and paste the code. Then preview your page in the web browser.
If the manual above is not clear enough, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you don't find answer of your question, please refer our FAQ section.